Are you interested in making your own liquid soap but confused about where to begin? I’ll walk you through the step-by-step process of creating 25 liters of liquid soap from scratch in this blog post.
You’ll learn all you need to know to make your own quality liquid soap at home, from mixing the correct powdered components to adding the final touches with oils and scents.
This guide offers everything you need, whether you want to make your own soap or simply want to cut costs.
You can start the business today on your own and specialize in the production and marketing of liquid soaps to make a lot of money for yourself.
I’ll be showing you the precise way to mix the liquid soap based on the quantity you wish to produce. Let’s get into the production.
These are the chemicals we are using for my production of a 25-liter quantity of liquid soap, and these are the chemical requirements below.
CHEMICALS REQUIRED FOR 25 LITRES OF LIQUID SOAP AND THEIR PROPORTION
The chemicals required to produce liquid soaps are not far-fetched and are not expensive; they are readily available in the your nearest market or ask around where you can buy chemicals for liquid soap, and you will be directed accordingly, or order it from an online shop/store.
The quantities listed below are for the production of about 25 liters of liquid soap. The vendors that sell the chemicals can advise you on the quantities for a smaller volume production like 15 liters or even 10 liters, or as the case may be:
- Nitrosol (or antisol): 1/8kg (i.e 125g)
- Caustic Soda – 1/16kg (i.e 62.5g)
- Soda Ash (Sodium carbonate) – 1/8 Kg
- SLS (Sodium Lauryl Sulphate) – 1/8kg
- Glycerine (Optional)
- Sulphonic Acid – 1 ½ Ltr
- STPP – 1/16Kg
- Texapon – 1/8kg
- Foam Booster – 1/6 Ltr
- Vitamin E
- Formalin – 10Cl
- Colour (As desired)
- Perfume (As desired)
The nitro is for texture, to produce 25 liters of liquid soap, you’re not going to begin with the whole 25 litres.
The first thing to do is to divide your water into two and start with maybe 20 or 15 liters.
Begin by adding the first chemical, Nitro, to the 15 liters of water, and the remaining 10 liters, would be used to mix other powdered chemicals.
The next powdered chemical you are adding is caustic soda.
Take note, you will mix the caustic soda in a separate bowl before adding it to Nitrol, and make sure you stir it properly before adding it to the main bowl.
Every other powdered chemical would be mixed separately, one after the other before adding/mixing them to the main liquid soap production, this is to avoid your liquid soap having seeds or knots.
Note: Stirring is important when mixing, mix each chemical in a different bowl for 10 to 15 minutes until it becomes slightly thick with no traces of the chemical.
After Nitro and Caustic soda are mixed separately and thoroughly, you will pour the Caustic soda gently into the Nitro and keep stirring it for about 5 minutes because, at this point, the soap is becoming thick.
The next chemical you will be adding is soda ash; make sure it dissolves well. Like I said earlier, every chemical power should be mixed in a separate bowl before adding it to the main bowl. You will repeat the same procedure by stirring it and then adding it to the main bowl.
You will add another powdered chemical called SLS to a separate bowl with a small quantity of water from the 10 liters of water left aside.
Alright, so after adding all the powdered chemicals, you will focus on liquid chemicals, and the first liquid chemical you will be adding is sulfuric acid. You don’t need to mix this separately before pouring it into the main bowl; just pour it directly into the production directly, and you keep stirring.
You will add another liquid chemical called foam booster directly into the production, and you will add Taxaphon, one after the other, and keep stirring.
Then, you will add vitamin E oil and perfume and keep stirring. Before you reach this step, you must have been seeing liquid soap formation and a foam oozing out.
After adding all the chemicals, you will cover the main bowl for 12 to 24 hours, and by the time you check it again, you will see that real liquid soap has formed and is thick.
Precautions and Safety During Production
- Wear rubber gloves.
- Use a nose mask.
- Carry out production in a well-ventilated environment with good illumination.
- In the case of a chemical splash to the face or delicate part of the body, wash very well with plenty of water and see a physician as soon as you can.
- Keep all chemicals out of the reach of children.
- Never taste any chemical on the tongue.
- Wear your apron or other protective clothing before you commence production.
- Most importantly, don’t play with chemicals, please.
How to Market Liquid Soap
How to Market Liquid Soap
To market liquid soap requires a lot of tactics, because there is no business if the return on investment (ROI) is not feasible.
Here are the best ways to market your liquid soap production online and offline.
- E-commerce Website: For every business, there should be an online shop, where people can place orders 24/7 in the convenience of their rooms and being process automatically without stress. Having an E-commerce website can actually speed up sales by a high percentage, and also serve as a lead magnet for all social media platforms to boost sales. It is also useful in setting up retargeting ads on Facebook, Google , Instagram etc.
- Email marketing Is the process of making a reoccurring sales from a previous customer, according to Sabri in his book ” My Secret Weapon to Transforming Any Traffic Source into My Own Personal Honeypot of Hyper-Profitable Unlimited Revenues, and the Direct Marketing Association (DMA) reports that the average return on investment (ROI) for email marketing is $44 for every $1 spent by marketers. Avoid the error of neglecting to create this fantastic asset for your own company. Email marketing is the most effective digital marketing medium for generating leads, according to 42% of organizations. Email delivers more leads than any other marketing channel. Therefore, an email list is essential if you’re serious about business growth. “
- Facebook Page, Instagram Page, and Twitter Page: Without a doubt, social media has been the best place for all online sales due to high retention audiences and huge purchases via ads and product display for free. That is why almost all business owners have a page on one or all these platforms, if you are not on one of these, you are definitely missing a great opportunity in marketing your liquid soap.
- Business WhatsApp / WhatsApp Status: It is not an exaggeration that a lot of people are making shitloads of money right from their WhatsApp, especially via their status with a constant posting of their product (liquid soap) on their status or directing people to their E-commerce website. It is not only WhatsApp, you can use other platforms that do the same.
- Direct Marketing: Direct or physical marketing happens to be one of the most effective ways of marketing your product, because you will get access to display your product physically and demonstrate it live in front of them. From there, you can also turn to a supplier.
- Acquiring A space: This is one of the underrated method of marketing that works like magic, is by buying a space from a supermarket to display your product or giving them to sell it for you. With this, you are making money working for you, not working for the money.
Following the procedures above ensures the successful production of liquid soap that you can use in your house or sell to other people. Like I said earlier, you only need a little capital and enough energy to produce and start selling your liquid soap. Meet me in my subsequent posts as I discuss other household essentials.
Like, comment, and share. Thank you!
Don’t forget to check this video for better guide.
Leave a Reply