I know what is going through your mind immediately you see a “healthy alternative” will be. Will it taste good? As with anything, healthy eating is presumed to taste nasty.
But let me burst your bubble, this banana oatmeal pancake tastes as good as a regular white flour pancake if not better, and I can assure you this banana pancake will be the best pancake you’ve ever tasted.
The truth is oatmeal is a healthy alternative to white flour and you can always replace white flour with oat flour in your diet.
So, let’s get right into the making of banana oatmeal pancake.
Oatmeal Pancake Ingredients
- 5 pieces Banana
- 1 and 1/2 cups of Oat
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tablespoons of Honey
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of Salt
- In a blender, put all the ingredients together and blend till smooth.
- Alternatively, you can use oat flour.
- Mash the bananas, add the remaining ingredients, and mix till everything is well combined.
- Place a pan on a stove and set it on medium heat.
- If you are using a non-stick pan, there is no need to grease it. Otherwise, grease the pan with a little oil or butter.
- Pour in about 1/4 of the banana and oatmeal mixture at a time.
- Allow it to cook for about 2 minutes.
- You’ll notice it has cooked if holes start appearing on the surface.
- Flip the oatmeal pancake over and cook the other side.
- Repeat the process until you exhaust all the banana oatmeal mixture.
- Your banana oatmeal pancake is ready to be served.
You can also read this: How to Make Banana Bread Fast at Home
How to Serve
- On a serving plate, stack the banana-oatmeal pancakes. 5 or 6 pancakes per serving is advisable.
- Spray some honey on the pancake.
- Use some banana slices as toppings.
- You can enjoy your banana oatmeal pancake alone or with hot tea.
How to make oat flour?
Start by adding your oatmeal into a blender and blend till smooth or till the powder is formed.
Are oat pancakes better for you?
Oat pancake is better since the main ingredient which is oatmeal is a healthy alternative to white flour and they keep breakfast appetizing while making it nutritious.
What is the healthiest oatmeal brand?
All oatmeal is healthy, but ancient oat or rolled oat is the best.
How do you make fluffy oatmeal pancakes?
You can make fluffy oatmeal pancakes by making the batter thick and getting the right measurement. This recipe will give you the fluffiest pancake.
How many calories are in oatmeal?
A cup of oatmeal contains about 303 to 307 calories.
What happens when you eat oat every day?
Oatmeal is rich in minerals, vitamins and fibre, it has many health benefits like lower blood sugar levels, aiding weight loss and reducing the risk of heart disease. So, you can eat oatmeal every day and there are many ways you can enjoy it.
Is banana oat good for weight loss?
Oat in itself is good for weight loss, and banana is a fruit that goes hand in hand with oat because of its sweetness and creaminess. Eating it in moderation will help in your weight loss journey.
In conclusion, the banana oatmeal pancake is a healthy alternative to the regular pancake and it tastes as good, if not better than the regular pancake.
Leave a Reply